Thursday, January 21, 2010

first impression

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I made it to Cape Town! So far, I have had a great time getting to know the people leading our program, and the other students. The first seven students to arrive (myself included) were shown around in the Waterfront Area. It was beautiful, with all kinds of colorful boats and buildings, and Table Mountain in the background.



I am now sitting in a hotel somehow connected with the UCT Business School. We will stay here for two nights as a part of our orientation, then will move into our houses (our group is larger than usual so we will be split up into two houses right next to each other) to continue orientation for another two weeks or more. So far, I already love the city. We are going to have a seafood dinner tonight, and then calling it an early night because we are all exhausted from traveling.


The Johannesburg Airport was pretty empty at night... everyone was shocked I stayed there all night. Apparently that's not what you're supposed to do in that situation - who knew?

Note: I didn't have Internet until today, which is why I'm posting this now. I pay for Internet usage kind of like prepaid phone minutes, so I will probably write my blog posts in a Word doc and then post them... So my dates might actually be different than Blogspot says.

No comments:

Post a Comment